Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda"

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' in the sun,
Talkin' bout the things
They woulda-coulda-shoulda done...
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little did.

-Shel Silverstein.
For some reason this little poem has been in the back of my mind for the past couple of days. I am the type of person to over analyze a situation; I am that “Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda” and most of the time I wish I wasn’t like this. However, it’s something I have to deal with and grow up from. Plus, I realize that anything that you come up with that you wish would happen actually pales in comparison to the real thing. Taking action is what life is about. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books, and in it she comments:
It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.”
We are naturally social, easily entertained beings, so instead of sitting around waiting for something awesome to come our way, why don’t we stand up and do something about it?! Life shouldn’t be a routine, and if in our efforts to make our lives a little more interesting we get kind of confused, then we should embrace it! I am turning over a page in the novel that is my life and instead of being that “woulda-coulda-shoulda,” I’m gonna be the “Did” dammit! 
Yeah, I'm being inspirational for no reason. Can you dig it? 
XO, J. (yes I changed my signature because I didn't like the jumble of letters.)
ps. Has anyone seen Jane Eyre in theaters? I'm dying to see it, I just haven't had the chance to! 


1 comment: