Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's Been Awhile...

Sorry for the lack in posts the past few weeks; wrapping everything up and finals week consumed most of my time, as well as the Royal Wedding and Foxfield weekend! Now, I have been out of school for a little over a week, and I succeeded in my plan to lay on the couch and watch TV in efforts to recuperate from the busy end of school year.
Reflection over the past semester has been on my mind over the past few days. You cannot change what happened in the past; you must grow from it and become a stronger person. The daily occurrences of college somehow bring people closer together, improve morale and generally impact the person you grow into. I have learned the that values you hold dear only grow stronger and more apparent over time, and for that I am thankful.
Now enough with the serious stuff. Summer 2011 is finally here!!! Thank god. This past week of lethargy has been great while it's lasted, but it also took away from me something I love; exercising and working out. Why couldn't I do that here? Well I made the stupid decision to pull an all nighter the night before the royal wedding, and subsequently go out that night at my best friend's school, only to wake up at 6:30 a.m to don the pretty Lilly Pulitzer dresses we love. Lack of sleep and the onset of a cold was detrimental to my body and well being, but quite honestly it was worth it as I spent my last day at school with my best friends/sisters, then that weekend with my best friend's from home at the races.
Now I finally feel back to normal as I went for a run today; I am ready to get fully back to normal and keep working toward a healthy lifestyle.
What I hope to do in my next posts is discuss my summer; I am going to be a camp counselor for the second year in a row at the same camp that I attended as a camper for eight years (yes eight). I leave mid June and will not come back to VA until mid August; it's a long time but the summers I have spent in Maine have been highly rewarding and entertaining. I hope this summer proves to be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment